News and Announcements
Congrats to the team! Undefeated at JDF tournament!
Great achievement Jacson!
View his video here, at time point 0:13: http://bchockey.net/NewsItem.aspx?id=2407
As you may have noticed, we are in the process of moving our web site over to TeamPages.
Please be patient as we navigate this switch. I’m sure there will be some bumps along the way!
Those teams that want access to the site to run their teams, please send a note to email@example.com. Also use the same email if you are getting bounces from our association email addresses (e.g. registrar@ , treasurer@ , rec@ , safety@, president@ ) and I will re-direct your message to appropriate person.
Hello and Happy Summer to all VMHA Families who have indicated they would like to participate in Representative Assessments this year (or who might be interested in participating in these assessments after reading this). As you may have heard, VMHA will be cooperating with Saanich Minor Hockey Association (SMHA) this year …
Hello and Happy Summer to all VMHA Families who have indicated they would like to participate in Representative Assessments this year (or who might be interested in participating in these assessments after reading this).
As you may have heard, VMHA will be cooperating with Saanich Minor Hockey Association (SMHA) this year at the representative level for Peewee, Bantam and Midget Hockey. All representative players who are placed on a representative team will be carded with SMHA for the 2016 – 2017 hockey season.
Here are some items that you should be aware of:
Assessments start on August 27, 2016. More details about the specifics for each division will be made available over the next few weeks or so.
If you know people who are interested in playing rep hockey who have not already registered with VMHA for the 2016 – 2017 season, please tell them do so as soon as possible. Registration fees must be paid in FULL prior to the Representative Assessments, which start August 27, 2016. Register here: http://www.teampages.com/forms/11259-VMHA-Fall-Registration-2016-2017
If you want to be assessed for representative hockey this season, make sure you register and pay the assessment fee. To add a tryout to an existing registration, please email Sab at firstname.lastname@example.org . She will add the tryout to your registration, and send you a PayPal payment request for $65. If you have already registered and not paid, please contact Sab to arrange payment ASAP.
There will be three Representative Teams at each Division: Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3.
SMHA has several documents from last season on their website which provide some insight on what your players will be assessed on. Please go to the Player Assessment folder on the following link: http://saanichmha.saanichminorhockey.com/organizations/2385/documents
If you are not placed on one of the Three Representative Teams you will return to VMHA to play recreational hockey for the 2016 – 2017 season.
The assessment process will be fair and equitable to all participants, so go out and work your hardest to ensure placement on one of the teams.
We are looking to secure some ice during the month of August for potential VMHA rep players to go out and skate, shake off the rust and scrimmage. This will be open to all VMHA families who have registered, paid in full and have paid the representative assessment fee. Please watch the VMHA website for further details as we secure ice times: http://vmha.goalline.ca/index.php
All questions should be directed to Cory Manton email@example.com
Hello hockey families and welcome to another season of VMHA hockey. As the season is set to start, there are a number of important pieces of information and dates for you to mark in your calendar. PLEASE READ THROUGH THE ENTIRE MESSAGE as there is a lot of information.
1. As per the Vancouver Island Amateur Hockey Association (VIAHA), all hockey parents who have not yet completed it will need to complete Respect in Sport Parent Program prior to October 15, 2016. Please read the FAQ’s for more information: FAQ’s: http://viaha.org/bulletins/Updated%20-%20RIS%20Frequently%20Asked%20Questions%20(July%2012th,%202016).pdf To complete your Respect in Sport (RIS) please follow this link: https://bchockeyparent.respectgroupinc.com/secure/. You can login if you know you have an account. If not, then select Register a new user.
2. There will be Bust the Rust sessions for all players and coaches in Novice, Atom, Pee Wee, Bantam and Midget the week of September 5th-11th. Check the weekly schedule http://vmha.goalline.ca/page.php?page_id=5955 for information on times and locations. These development sessions are optional and available to all recreational players and goalies.
3. Assessments for Atom Development players and goalies will begin September 6th. Please be sure to watch the weekly schedule for times and locations of assessments. http://victoriaminorhockey.ca/page.php?page_id=5955
4. Our Novice season will begin on Thursday September 8 (5:30 at Oak Bay Rec). A parents’ meeting will be held during the 8:00am novice practice on Saturday September 10th at Archie Browning. The meeting will be held at 8:30 in the warm room at Archie Browning Arena. It is highly recommended that all players have a parent or guardian attend. This meeting will include information on the Novice program, player development, team placement, and the season ahead as well as the opportunity to complete the mandatory Parent Code of Conduct form.
5. Our Female players will get underway on Saturday September 10th at Archie Browning. The female Atom/PeeWee team will have a session from 5:15 – 6:15 PM and following Bantam and Midget players will hit the ice from 6:15 – 715 PM
6. Divisional All-Parents Meetings: All parents MUST attend one session of a parents’ meeting as per new BC Hockey regulations. If you have players in multiple age groups you only need to attend one meeting. These meetings will take place in the small lounge upstairs at Oak Bay Rec Centre the week of September 12th. These meetings will include important information about the upcoming season including a **parent agreement to be signed. Dates for these Divisional all-parents meetings are: (organized by last name of the player)
A-L Monday September 12 – 6:00-6:20pm
M-Z Monday September 12 – 6:30-6:50pm
A-L – Monday September 12 – 7:10-7:30pm
M-Z – Monday September 12 – 7:40-8:00pm
A-L – Tuesday September 13 – 6:30-6:50pm
M-Z – Tuesday September 13 – 7:00-7:20pm
A-L – Monday September 12 – 8:10-8:30pm
M-Z – Monday September 12 – 9:15-9:35pm
If you cannot attend the meeting for your player’s age group, please contact Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an alternative time.
7. Coaches: Please put your names forward to coach for the upcoming season. There are too many of you on the sidelines who have the time, passion and qualifications. Without coaches there are no teams, no practices and no games. Sign-up here: VMHA Coach Applications https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WWFCWQ5
An announcement will come soon with a date and time for our annual coach/manager meeting. This meeting will include important information regarding the season. Jerseys, socks, and team equipment will be handed out after the meeting.
In the meantime, if you intend to help out on the ice anytime soon, please contact our REGISTRAR as she has to pre-register you for insurance purposes. Anyone going on the ice MUST HAVE completed the new mandatory concussion training, and have a current Criminal Record Check.
Concussion Training: http://www.bchockey.net/Files/How%20to%20Register%20for%20CATT%202016-06-22%20FINAL.pdf
Criminal Record Check Application: The secure website is: https://justice.gov.bc.ca/eCRC/ Access code: ZEHPHGE6XP
8. Weekly Schedule: Remember to check the weekly schedule (http://victoriaminorhockey.ca/page.php?page_id=5955) frequently in order to be aware of ice times and check the website for more information on upcoming events.
Looking forward to a great season!!!