News and Announcements
This is a contest put on by Hockey Share and it is meant to encourage your children to practice their shot before the season starts in September.
To reach the goal of 10,000 shots, they will need to shoot on average, 115 pucks per day from now until the end of August. Even if they don’t reach the goal, they will improve their shot over the course of the summer. They will record their shots each day and group them by Wrist, Snap, Slap & Backhand. Only use pucks or biscuits – not road hockey balls. You can also work with your child on their math skills as they count or group their shots for the day. I would recommend getting 10 pucks to make the counting easy.
If you are interested, here are the instructions:
1. Go to: https://www.hockeyshare.com/10000pucks/player/
2. Click on Register New Account
3. Log into the new account and click on 10K Pucks in the navigation bar
4. Under “Getting Started” click on PLAYER (Shoot pucks, track your progress)
5. Complete the Create New Player Profile
6. For Find Your Team, search for: Victoria Minor Hockey Association – Novice Minor – H3 – Admirals
7. Next they will ask about equipment (this seems to be the only part where they ask for information like this)
8. Start tracking your shots!
If you have any questions, please call my cell at 250-686-4576.
We’ll see you later in the summer with kids that have Popeye forearms from all of those shots!
We have put together a spring and summer development schedule for kids in novice through midget. Our ‘Skills & Scrimmage’ sessions will incorporate structured, competitive, and fun drills with a scrimmage. It is summer, and we understand it may be difficult to commit to the whole program, therefore we are offering a flexible model where you can pick the sessions that work for you and your player.
Space is limited to 30 skaters and 4 goalies per session. Registration is on a first come, first served basis, however, we are limiting registration to one powerskating and three skills/scrimmage sessions per player to allow for as many players as possible to participate. All Bantam and Midget skills/scrimmage sessions will be NON-CONTACT.
Cost is $15 per powerskating session and $10 per skills/scrimmage session.
Click to register: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/202220
- Players need to bring a LIGHT and DARK jersey to the ‘Skills & Scrimmage’ sessions
- No drop-in players allowed – you must be registered in advance (and paid in full) for the session
- Any monies raised will be put back into player development
- Please ensure you attend the sessions you are registered and paid for, as there will be no refunds given for
a missed session
- Power Skating sessions will be run by Mena Westhaver
- Refunds will be issued if a scheduled session is cancelled due to low registration
Theodore St-Denis was selected to attend the 2019 Male U16 BC Cup in Salmon Arm, BC 18-21 April 2019.
Theo is a VMHA player who was been playing in the SMHA/VMHA Rep coop on the Bantam T1 team! Congrats Theo!!
On April 3, 2019, we will host the vote to determine whether we will join Saanich and Victoria Minor Hockey Associations. Voting will open at 6:30pm and remain open for an hour until 7:30pm at Archie Browning Arena. Our appointed election officer will oversee the voting and the official count.
The FAQ document (attached) answers the questions that we received through the submission form as well as questions shared at the town hall meetings. We hope this fully explain why this is an important and positive step forward for our associations, our families, and for the future of minor hockey in our region.
If you have any questions or would like further clarification on any of the points in the FAQ, please contact us. We are happy to answer.
The document SMHA_VMHA_Altogether_better_FAQ.pdf was attached to this post.
Mike Renaud will be at Archie Browning on April 3, from 6:30 – 8:00pm to collect all jerseys and equipment. Please connect with your team manager to return your jerseys if you have not already done so.