Skate for Humboldt - April 12
Posted by Victoria Minor Hockey Association on Apr 10 2018 at 04:47PM PDT
Our hockey community suffered a tremendous tragedy this weekend. It is a heartbreaking loss of potential.
Victoria Minor Hockey Association will host a Skate for Humboldt on Thursday, April 12 at Wurtele Arena (Naden) from 7 – 8:30pm. We want to provide an opportunity for our local hockey family to honour the Humboldt Broncos, those lost and those who have a long road of recovery ahead, by doing what we love, getting on the ice.
We will collect donations at the door that will be provided to the ongoing GoFundMe campaign set up for the players and their families as a contribution from VMHA.
Here are are some other ways you can help:
1. Give blood.
2. Register to be an organ donor.
3. Donate directly to the GoFundMe campaign if you are able and can’t attend our skate.
4. Wear your sports jerseys on Thursday.
5. Put your sticks out.
While this is a heartbreaking event that won’t soon leave our thoughts, the outpouring of support has been incredible. We can only hope that it is a tiny sliver of light in a very dark time for the families of Humboldt.
Let’s do our part by filling the rink on Thursday to show our love for the game and our love for Humboldt.
We are all Broncos.
Important information to participate
I am thrilled that Hockey Canada has given us special permission to obtain an event sanction that includes both BC Hockey members and non-members.
The following provisions have been put into place for the event:
- Approved for BC Hockey members provided appropriate supervision and risk management are in place
- We cover our members who are wearing helmets and neck guards
- No Hockey sticks
- Non-Members are recommended to wear helmets
There are no comments for this announcement.