News and Announcements
Hello hockey families and welcome to another season of VMHA hockey. As the season is set to start, there are a number of important pieces of information and dates for you to mark in your calendar. PLEASE READ THROUGH THE ENTIRE MESSAGE as there is a lot of information.
1. As per the Vancouver Island Amateur Hockey Association (VIAHA), all hockey parents who have not yet completed it will need to complete Respect in Sport Parent Program prior to October 15, 2016. Please read the FAQ’s for more information: FAQ’s: http://viaha.org/bulletins/Updated%20-%20RIS%20Frequently%20Asked%20Questions%20(July%2012th,%202016).pdf To complete your Respect in Sport (RIS) please follow this link: https://bchockeyparent.respectgroupinc.com/secure/. You can login if you know you have an account. If not, then select Register a new user.
2. There will be Bust the Rust sessions for all players and coaches in Novice, Atom, Pee Wee, Bantam and Midget the week of September 5th-11th. Check the weekly schedule http://vmha.goalline.ca/page.php?page_id=5955 for information on times and locations. These development sessions are optional and available to all recreational players and goalies.
3. Assessments for Atom Development players and goalies will begin September 6th. Please be sure to watch the weekly schedule for times and locations of assessments. http://victoriaminorhockey.ca/page.php?page_id=5955
4. Our Novice season will begin on Thursday September 8 (5:30 at Oak Bay Rec). A parents’ meeting will be held during the 8:00am novice practice on Saturday September 10th at Archie Browning. The meeting will be held at 8:30 in the warm room at Archie Browning Arena. It is highly recommended that all players have a parent or guardian attend. This meeting will include information on the Novice program, player development, team placement, and the season ahead as well as the opportunity to complete the mandatory Parent Code of Conduct form.
5. Our Female players will get underway on Saturday September 10th at Archie Browning. The female Atom/PeeWee team will have a session from 5:15 – 6:15 PM and following Bantam and Midget players will hit the ice from 6:15 – 715 PM
6. Divisional All-Parents Meetings: All parents MUST attend one session of a parents’ meeting as per new BC Hockey regulations. If you have players in multiple age groups you only need to attend one meeting. These meetings will take place in the small lounge upstairs at Oak Bay Rec Centre the week of September 12th. These meetings will include important information about the upcoming season including a **parent agreement to be signed. Dates for these Divisional all-parents meetings are: (organized by last name of the player)
A-L Monday September 12 – 6:00-6:20pm
M-Z Monday September 12 – 6:30-6:50pm
A-L – Monday September 12 – 7:10-7:30pm
M-Z – Monday September 12 – 7:40-8:00pm
A-L – Tuesday September 13 – 6:30-6:50pm
M-Z – Tuesday September 13 – 7:00-7:20pm
A-L – Monday September 12 – 8:10-8:30pm
M-Z – Monday September 12 – 9:15-9:35pm
If you cannot attend the meeting for your player’s age group, please contact Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an alternative time.
7. Coaches: Please put your names forward to coach for the upcoming season. There are too many of you on the sidelines who have the time, passion and qualifications. Without coaches there are no teams, no practices and no games. Sign-up here: VMHA Coach Applications https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WWFCWQ5
An announcement will come soon with a date and time for our annual coach/manager meeting. This meeting will include important information regarding the season. Jerseys, socks, and team equipment will be handed out after the meeting.
In the meantime, if you intend to help out on the ice anytime soon, please contact our REGISTRAR as she has to pre-register you for insurance purposes. Anyone going on the ice MUST HAVE completed the new mandatory concussion training, and have a current Criminal Record Check.
Concussion Training: http://www.bchockey.net/Files/How%20to%20Register%20for%20CATT%202016-06-22%20FINAL.pdf
Criminal Record Check Application: The secure website is: https://justice.gov.bc.ca/eCRC/ Access code: ZEHPHGE6XP
8. Weekly Schedule: Remember to check the weekly schedule (http://victoriaminorhockey.ca/page.php?page_id=5955) frequently in order to be aware of ice times and check the website for more information on upcoming events.
Looking forward to a great season!!!
VMHA is looking for brand new officials to join their officiating team! Must be 12 years old before Dec 31/16. Officiating is a great way to have fun, make new friends, learn more about the game and earn a few dollars. Officiating is open to both males and females! Anyone over 18 …
VMHA is looking for brand new officials to join their officiating team! Must be 12 years old before Dec 31/16.
Officiating is a great way to have fun, make new friends, learn more about the game and earn a few dollars.
Officiating is open to both males and females! Anyone over 18 must complete a criminal record check. Join us on Sept 18th for the clinic at Archie Browning. Sign up now or email Jamie for more information at email@example.com
Level 1 – 12-15 years old: https://ehockey.hockeycanada.ca/ehockey/ClinicDetail.aspx?Display=1&cid=106673
Level 2 – 16 & 17 years old: https://ehockey.hockeycanada.ca/ehockey/ClinicDetail.aspx?Display=1&cid=106674
Level 2 – 18 years and up: https://ehockey.hockeycanada.ca/ehockey/ClinicDetail.aspx?Display=1&cid=106675