10,000 Pucks Challenge
This is a contest put on by Hockey Share and it is meant to encourage your children to practice their shot before the season starts in September.
To reach the goal of 10,000 shots, they will need to shoot on average, 115 pucks per day from now until the end of August. Even if they don’t reach the goal, they will improve their shot over the course of the summer. They will record their shots each day and group them by Wrist, Snap, Slap & Backhand. Only use pucks or biscuits – not road hockey balls. You can also work with your child on their math skills as they count or group their shots for the day. I would recommend getting 10 pucks to make the counting easy.
If you are interested, here are the instructions:
1. Go to: https://www.hockeyshare.com/10000pucks/player/
2. Click on Register New Account
3. Log into the new account and click on 10K Pucks in the navigation bar
4. Under “Getting Started” click on PLAYER (Shoot pucks, track your progress)
5. Complete the Create New Player Profile
6. For Find Your Team, search for: Victoria Minor Hockey Association – Novice Minor – H3 – Admirals
7. Next they will ask about equipment (this seems to be the only part where they ask for information like this)
8. Start tracking your shots!
If you have any questions, please call my cell at 250-686-4576.
We’ll see you later in the summer with kids that have Popeye forearms from all of those shots!